Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Something or other.

Just felt like writing, so here:

"Clouds flew lazily overhead, soaring through the distant blue sea that was the sky. It was a summer afternoon, the air was warm but not quite hot, just the way we liked it, Frankie and I. Mother came out of the house with a tall cool glass of lemonade, Frankie ran towards her as usual, huffing and puffing and wagging his tail. My best friend was a dog, I'm not one to admit it openly, but it wasn't something I was ever ashamed of.

"Mother shooed my best friend away as she brought me a glass of the pale yellow elixir. I drank quickly, taste wasn't an idea in my mind, mother frowned at her hard sweetening work gone to waste. I knew she wouldn't be upset long. Frankie stuck his snout into the glass, trying to grasp that last bits of flavour with his tongue. We laughed at his attempts, it was the happiest time of my life."

I turned now to the listener of my tale, a young pretty girl, bound and gagged to a chair. The single lightbulb swung slowly, lazily like the clouds in my memories and shone light across her face in deep swaying motions. I watched the tears bud from her eyes and grow to her chin, she was afraid.

"Ssh, hush now darling," I cooed, "Frankie's long dead my dear. Those were the happiest times of my life back in the country with my dog and my family."

I paused, almost coming to tears myself at the sweet memories of my youth, "No!" I stammered, "You were the ones whoe destroyed it all, you cast down my cherished thoughts and stole them all for yourself, you and your people disgust me!" Rage was now welling within me, an uncontrollable rage. Anger scares most people, with me, at this time, with this person, anger feed the fear, and the fear became my rage. Fear of being wiped clean, eliminated, erased, no. I wasn't going to go like that, not like my dear dog.

I pulled the gag from her mouth, the barrel of my pistol insisted very strongly that she not scream. It seemed she was lead by fear as well, for she didn't scream. For that matter, she never did much of anything again; the trigger was lighter then I had thought, it was easy to pull. Red, scarlet, blood, everywhere. It was then that the laughter hit me, I was doing it, Frankie! I've got things under control now, you'll see, I'll make it right.

No comments: