Sunday, May 8, 2005

Drag

Just another little something I wrote in fifteen minutes. As always I didn't proof-read or correct any grammar. So fuck you.

My knuckles flexed on the leather bound steering wheel. The engine growled fierociously beneath us like a hungry predator, waiting. I revved the beast and watched the gauges on the dash flick to life. Opposite me in the lane sat another predator, it's chrome grill glinted in the moonlight. The other car revved to match my own actions. I could see the driver across from me, the moonlight sprang from his teeth as he sneared towards me. I returned my gaze forward, adrenaline flowing, I was ready. The only thing between us was a girl hold a blazing scarf. Seconds felt like hours as they dripped away quietly, the only sound was our dueling motors.

The scarf fell and immediately rubber gripped road and we flew off together. Streetlamps whizzed past, I watched the speedometer climb steadily, not fast enough. I pumped the clutch and upshifted, speed came easier, but it seemed my rival was yet faster. His beast streaked ahead of mine, a streak of yellow thunder. He passed the finish line first, the adrenaline faded into fear. I stopped the car, he approached quickly, an entourage of thugs behind him. The smell of exhaust hung heavy in the atmosphere as I extricated myself from the vehicle.

"You lose, Mr.Bradley," his reply was smug, and his look was deadly.

I lost. My car was gone now, it was over. He offered his hand to me, expecting only the keys to my beast. The one constant in my life was now going to be taken from me. NO! Not this way, that car was my life. In an instant I found my hand on the blade of my knife. The knife itself had found its way into the rival's stomach. Another flash and his thugs were on me, blood gave way to darkness and pain. It was over...

No need to worry about my car anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good, bitch.