Wednesday, June 7, 2006

What's News?

Well, since I've posted that little article of writing in other places around the 'Net, I certainly don't feel bad about making this post to replace it. Just wanted to give a little heads up on the current Kris situation.

I've sort of gone and done something that I shouldn't have: I dropped out of school... again. Sorry kids, but reality gave me a swift kick in the junk when I realized that I can't support myself if I'm going to school full time and only working on the weekends. So it's back to the newspaper ink sniffing for me as I rifle through the classifieds. Unfortunately, being that it's summertime and all of the students are out (including the high school kids shortly), the job market will be slim pickings.

Switching to a lighter note now, I recently, well a week and a half ago, attended a staff party. You all remember that I work as a bouncer at a country-themed night club right? Well, this wasn't just any staff party, it was an 'Industry Night'. Export A (a tobacco company here in Cana-duh!) spent 80 grand throwing us this blast of a night. I do believe that I left 20lbs of me on the dance floor after that continuous four hour shuffling of the feet that I was doing. Well, not continuous; I had to stop for smoke breaks and tequila shots.

Speaking of work, has anyone ever heard of a band called Disturbed? They played at our bar last Sunday, and I'm not big on the whole heavy metal music genre, but the kids seemed to really like them. However, loading up a 53-foot tractor trailer at the end of the night was not fun.

Anyways, that's about it, I remain, as always: apathetic and looking for (more) work.

No comments: