Friday, April 21, 2006

Belated 420

Happy 'late' 420 everyone, sorry I haven't been around much, but work keeps me pretty busy and when I'm not working, I'm drinking. Hopefully you'll understand. Anyways, the point of this entry is just to hope that everyone had a safe and dissentful Marijuana Smoking Day. In case you're not a toker, you should know that April 20th is Marijuana Smoking Day because of the fact that the date can be read as "420", which is a common slang for the time of day kids used to smoke up after school/detention.

Unfortunately no one really knows the origin of the term exactly, but it's believed to have been derived from LA kids who would spend all day in school and not be able to puff any chronic until 4:20 in the afternoon. That's the theory anyways.



Happy smoke everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Around here, April 20 is around the time that people I know start up some more plants. I did always wonder where "420" came from. I considered it somewhat of an "Earth Day," but for marijuana.

My 420 was alright. A teacher at this alternative school let me and a friend go for a walk and we smoked a few bowls. Nothing too special. I planned to get fucked up that night, but instead fell asleep watching TV.